View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 08:05 AM
Sanity is overrated.

Thanked 9,627 Times in 5,924 Posts
Default Re: You Can Stop Cleaning Your Mail Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
when they were new and still mysterious we did fear them yes. ebola was contained in an area pretty quickly and guidelines were followed.
the 1918 flu was an h1n1 variety and it was scary for us. it's just we haven't had a brand new virus we still are finding out about plus there is really no coherent unified message coming from our leaders. the scientists are pushed toward the back so we each must determine on our own what is best. that's ok if you are deciding where to send your kids to school or where to go to work, but in an emergency situation it's best to have unity from authorities as well as direction.
side note: I was talking w a doctor the other day and he agreed with me in that I don't think this is going away any time soon.
the best thing the govt can do is not refurbish the pentagon and projects like that that can wait, but just issue stipends for every family because right now there are I think I read 40 million mortgages that are going to be foreclosed on. even if there is another moratorium those people are going to have to catch up that rent or mortgage and at some point that is going to be impossible.
So those who were receiving that extra $600 a week, or more, per person on unemployment ($2,400 a month) were doing exactly what with that money? If their mortgage or rent exceeded that, they had issues long before COVID-19 made life a problem.

My sympathy reaches only so far. At some point, people need to take some responsibility for their situation. According to some, that makes me racist. I won't take that label, because I don't care what color someone is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post: