View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:11 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 6,651 Times in 3,817 Posts
Default Re: RIP Charlie Daniels

I met Charlie Daniels a few years ago and found him to be quite genuine and very patriotic. He had just completed a show and was heading back to his tour bus. There was a small bus from the local veterans home with older veterans that had attended the show, parked very close to his tour bus. He made a point to stop and go onto the bus and shake hands with all of the veterans on that bus.

As I had helped assist those vets, I had learned of the story of one man in particular that had worked for Gen Eisenhower during WWII in Europe. I told Mr. Daniel the short story about that man on the bus and he was almost moved to tears. He made a point to thank me for the info and then to talk with the bus driver to make arraignments to meet with the vet the next day and the veteran home.

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington