View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 08:00 AM
Sanity is overrated.

Thanked 9,552 Times in 5,886 Posts
Default Re: H.R. 6666: COVID-19 Testing, Reaching, And Contacting Everyone (TRACE) Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
When a human contracts syphilis or evolved forms of it, they are asked for all sexual contacts. That information is given to local authorities who contact everyone and get their contacts. It's been that way for decades.
If there was an outbreak of measles or TB you would get the same treatment as would your contacts.
All those old diseases are somewhat controlled now for years so people are not used to volunteering this kind of information but it does help contain & shorten outbreaks.
Meanwhile:
Calm down
Breath
While I wholly disagree with the demand of contact information, you are missing a very large, obvious point.

Sexual contact is limited to... sexual contact. A voluntary action.

COVID 19 and any of it's ilk, are not voluntary, and are not spread only via personal, intimate contact.

The idea to collect 'contact' information, is vague at best, considering someone who is carrying COVID 19 and may not know it, may literally walk by someone and not know who it is.

For this idea that the government could backtrace any contacts, would involve what? Mass security cameras over the entire country, fed into one huge databank, that could identify a person by facial recognition, therefore tracking every single person in this country?

Do you even have one glimmer of a hint what would not only be involved to do this, but that every single right of a citizen would be wiped out? No expectation of privacy anywhere, even in your own home. Being tracked by cameras. Strangers, family members, neighbors, possibly reporting on you for possible breaches of 'contact'.

What could possibly go wrong?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post: