View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Runs with scissors

Thanked 12,573 Times in 6,926 Posts
Default Re: Chris Hayes: Electoral College ‘Would Be Unconstitutional’ If It ‘Wasn’t Specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
And you couldn't be more wrong.

The House was designed to be the People's voice in the Federal government. That is why representatives are elected by a majority of the vote in their district.

The Senate was to be the State's voice in our government. Senators were supposed to represent their state's interests in the congress. But by passing the 17th Amendment, it evolved into a office where the holder looks to keep his/her seat by buying votes by passing bills with huge government giveaways. Along with that, they are beholden to the political parties for committee assignments and campaign dollars to get themselves re-elected to office.

If we were to repeal the 17th amendment, the Senate would be the deliberative body that was envisioned by the founders by reclaiming and retaining the power of the Senate from the Executive branch and using that to effectively weaken the Federal Government, putting the States back to the prominence they were given at the founding.

The founders warned us of an all powerful federal government and the passage of the 17th amendment made it possible by eliminating the state's voice in that government.
Well written sir!!!

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post: