View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 12:25 PM
Progressive Libertarian

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,840 Posts
Default Re: Record 4.4M Britons waiting for non-urgent surgery, gov't figures show

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
You know what's sad?...When you see reports like this and STILL hear people say, "Let's have that in America!"...

Record 4.4M Britons waiting for non-urgent surgery, gov't figures show
I don't hear any Americans saying that this is what they want.

It would be interesting to find out how many Americans without health insurance are waiting for surgery that is urgent but can't afford it or aren't even aware of the fact they need it because they can't afford to go to routine medical examinations. I'll bet it's a hell of a lot higher than 4.4M just for urgent surgery.

BTW I'm covered by the VA because of military disabilities and so far it's taken me about 20 weeks for non-urgent surgery I've had and that's using the outsourcing of the surgery because of understaffing of doctors at the VA. I'm in my 3rd year of waiting for hip replacement because it wasn't considered as absolutely necessary when first identified.

This can and should be corrected with any new health care proposals that also need to fix the problem of underpayments by Medicare and Medicaid.

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.