View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 12:12 PM
Scholar

Thanked 4,757 Times in 2,711 Posts
Default Re: After nearly 10 years of ignoring it, SCOTUS accepts 2nd Amendment case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I've said this before, but the attempt to explain the reason behind the 2nd is one of the two flaws in the Constitution. The 2nd should read "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
I completely agree with you. It is my opinion that the framers believed that people would look to become educated that do things like read the Federalist Papers that explain, not only the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, but other aspects of the decisions that went into crafting our Constitution. For all of their wisdom and intelligence, I don't think any of them envisioned a time when people were willfully uninformed and were willing to be subservient to a powerful Federal Government that the Framers worked to hard to prevent.

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post: