View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 26,262 Times in 18,789 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Pentagon chief of staff resigns

Quote:
The Department of Defense's chief of staff Rear Adm. Kevin Sweeney has resigned, according to a statement.

Sweeney said in a brief statement that he planned to return to the private sector, giving no reason for his departure. His exit comes just days after Secretary of Defense James Mattis, for whom Sweeney previously served, left the agency after announcing his resignation earlier in the month.

"After two years in the Pentagon, I've decided the time is right to return to the private sector. It has been an honor to serve again alongside the men and women of the Department of Defense," Sweeney said in his announcement.

His resignation also followed that of another top Mattis ally, Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White, who announced her resignation at the end of December.

https://thehill-com.cdn.ampproject.o...ff-resigns?amp
yeah I know just another coincidence.
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post: