View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:30 PM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 26,192 Times in 18,730 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: 27 Effects of Climate Change That Cant Be Stopped By Michael B. Sauter November

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Late but still real..

27 Effects of Climate Change That Cant Be Stopped

By Michael B. Sauter November 7, 2018 4:52 pm EST

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, a U.N. body, released a report in late 2018 highlighting the importance of keeping global warming to 1.5C above pre-industrial levels. To date, average global temperatures have already increased by 1C. The report details how much worse the effects of global climate change would be should temperatures increase by 2.0C celsius or higher.

The IPCC press release states that limiting global warming to a 1.5C increase about 2.7F would require rapid, far-reaching and unprecedented changes in all aspects of society. Indeed, climate scientists estimate it would require massive reductions in greenhouse gas emissions almost immediately, and zero global emissions by 2050.

The global community is nowhere near to making that goal a reality, particularly as the United States, one of the largest carbon emitters, has announced its intention to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord, which it will do in 2020. Many experts are saying that the globe is already locked in at a 2.0C increase, the point at which the consequences will become much more severe.
.............................................. Continued At
https://247wallst.com/special-report...nt-be-stopped/
And we just did away with CO2 limits on coal companies.
President Trump Said Revolutionary War Troops 'Took Over the Airports' in His Fourth of July Speech Just when I think I have explored the outer limits of Donald Trumps melting intellect, new vistas of stupidity open before me.~SK
Melting intellect? That candle' s been out of wax a looooong time .~paulhodges