View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 03:36 PM
Scholar

Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,863 Posts
Default Re: Democrats Promise Most Aggressive Gun Control Measure In Decades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
One of the worst things a 2nd amendment advocate can do is assume the 2nd amendment is safe just because the politician voting for laws is a republican. Ronald Reagan whom many republicans act as though he is Republican Jesus signed a bill into law that banned machine guns made after 1986 and paved the way for the Brady with the list of prohibited persons in it under the guise of the Firearms Owner's Protection Act of 1986. He also supported the Brady assault weapons ban. Mitt Romney at the state level enacted an assault weapons ban, raised fees on gun owners and supported a 5 day waiting period just to purchase firearms. In 2000 Trump supported an assault weapons ban, waiting period, donated to anti-2nd amendment politicians, and he currently supports denying people with no due process on a terrorist watch list the right to keep and bear arms. Rick Scott raised the age to buy rifles from 18 to 21 and enacted a 3 day waiting period on gun sales. Mary Fallin vetoed a bill that would have allowed law abiding Oklahomans to carry a handgun without a permit.
Oh. don't get me wrong, I don't trust any politician when it comes to my rights (or anything else for that matter). I was simply commenting on the self-destructive nature of Dems, especially when they think they are winning and have momentum. Right now gun control (at least what these idiots want) is a non-starter, even with d's in the majority in the house what they want is unlikely to pass and it's DOA in the Senate. All they can do with this is piss off a large portion of their constituents.