View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Scholar

Thanked 1,525 Times in 944 Posts
Default Re: Democrats Promise Most Aggressive Gun Control Measure In Decades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
I don't understand how someone can swear an oath to uphold the Constitution, then turn around and propose unconstitutional legislation. Every politician who violates this oath should be immediately removed from office.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Fortunately we have a president who will not sign such legislation into law, and a Senate that won't go along with it, either, so why are the Dems wasting time in their high salaried-jobs with this nonsense?

That's what I like to hear. I'm so glad that Blackburn beat out Bredeson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
I hope they do, none of the legislation has a snowballs chance in Phoenix of getting passed into law, but it will go a long ways toward seeing them out of the majority in the House again.
Democrats are amazingly self-destructive in this way, add gun control to some of the candidates I've seen mentioned for a possible presidential run and they're looking a shellacking.
One of the worst things a 2nd amendment advocate can do is assume the 2nd amendment is safe just because the politician voting for laws is a republican. Ronald Reagan whom many republicans act as though he is Republican Jesus signed a bill into law that banned machine guns made after 1986 and paved the way for the Brady with the list of prohibited persons in it under the guise of the Firearms Owner's Protection Act of 1986. He also supported the Brady assault weapons ban. Mitt Romney at the state level enacted an assault weapons ban, raised fees on gun owners and supported a 5 day waiting period just to purchase firearms. In 2000 Trump supported an assault weapons ban, waiting period, donated to anti-2nd amendment politicians, and he currently supports denying people with no due process on a terrorist watch list the right to keep and bear arms. Rick Scott raised the age to buy rifles from 18 to 21 and enacted a 3 day waiting period on gun sales. Mary Fallin vetoed a bill that would have allowed law abiding Oklahomans to carry a handgun without a permit.
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by jamesrage; 11-11-2018 at 01:53 PM..