View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:57 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 5,266 Times in 3,008 Posts
Default Re: Military Homecoming Surprises

This is an awesome idea for a thread. Thanks for starting it.

My son surprised my wife and I last year although not to the same extent. We knew he was coming home for a couple of weeks after being gone for 8 months for Air Force basic training and his schooling, and were expecting him on a day later than he came home.

We were at a VB tournament that my youngest daughter was playing in when my oldest daughter called and asked us to stop by her house on our way home and that she had something for my youngest. When we pulled into her driveway, my son and his wife were standing there waiting on us.

It was a nice day early surprise but we had seen him a couple of times during that eight months, once for basic training graduation and then we were able to spend a few days with him while he was at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS. for training. So our homecoming surprise was nothing compared to what these young men, who most likely have been serving overseas, have with their families.

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post: