View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 08:27 PM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 10,318 Times in 6,514 Posts
Default Re: Zinke caught red-handed trying to sell off public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
From the OP

"But then last Wednesday, the Trump administration released its management plans for the much smaller Grand Staircase and Bears Ears national monuments — prepared by the BLM and the U.S. Forest Service — that placed a priority on energy development and included the plan to sell off the 1,610 acres of public lands."

There is nothing secret about the plan. From its inception until the income tax was passed into law the primary source of revenue for the Federal government was sales of public lands. There is nothing unusual or secret about selling the land. It's only Resistance propaganda that paints the plan as some scandal they caught red handed.

You assert the Federal government has too much land but complain about plans to sell off a tiny portion of it. You can't have it both ways. Oh wait, it's not about the land, it's about attacking the Trump administration.
the Feds should start by giving back chunks of "federal" lands to the States NOT selling it off to private entities. And the people of the states should decide what they want to do with it. and hopefully the people will pay attention and NOT be so foolish to sell off all the new land to rich developers and mining companies for a dollar. And since the states would get the land basically "for free" it's not a inconceivable that it could GIVE away land to groups and persons. maybe even in open lottery type scenarios. The land is in fact PUBLIC land and therefore already belongs to all the residents of the state. Any benefits should be for the public good. And any release into private hands should be PUBLIC, well announced and voted on.

So, yes i CAN complain that there to much FEDERAL land and Complain that Trump or any president is selling them off to cronies or lowlife corporate interest, with little to no benefit to the citizens at large.

But AZ i have to ask is your kee jerk reaction to ANY complaint about Trump that people just don't like Trump?
that's pretty lame.
Is that what you did to Obama and Bill Clinton? so you now assume that everyone else does it too?

I'm asking. Seriously.

I mean I know I don't agree with Trump on a lot, and i don't think much of him a person, but I do agree with him on some of things he's doing as president.
And I've been pretty vocal in his defense on the BS Russian Collusion crap.
I've agreed with him on his abortion actions, and his choices for the SCOTUS and with his nixing of the climate accords and the TTP among other things.
But in many other areas I think he's flat wrong. Because the policies are bad. Or in fact unconstitutional as were the attacks on Syria.

So look, if you've got sound rational defense, a constitutional defense, for Trump's actions which i complaining about, then just show me and change my mind.
But if not, don't make up side show stories about my so-called "real motives". You're just way off based there.

..James Madison
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16