View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Belly Dance Queen

Thanked 3,313 Times in 1,636 Posts
Default Re: ROBINSON FREED: thanks supporters as he walks free from prison...

I was so glad to learn of this today! He basically had no trial and apparently went before an activist judge who sentenced him to prison even though he didn't commit a crime (except perhaps under Sharia law, which is NOT UK law).

Here are some details from an email I received from Rebel Media this morning:

Quote:
The court of appeal, led by the Lord Chief Justice himself, ruled that Tommy’s conviction of contempt of court, back in May in Leeds, was legally improper.

I have now had a chance to go through the court’s detailed reasons. They are stunning. It is an absolute vindication of Tommy — and a devastating rebuke to the injustices he has suffered!

The court found that:

* Tommy should not have been put on trial that same day
* Tommy’s lawyer did not have proper time to prepare his case
* the judge in Leeds never clearly presented what Tommy had allegedly done wrong
* the judge did not watch the entire video of Tommy, that supposedly was proof of his contempt
* the judge did not follow the criminal procedure rules
* the sentence was disproportionate; and
* Tommy’s treatment in prison was inappropriate

It was staggering. Everything Tommy has ever said about the system being unfairly rigged against him was proved true — by no-one less than the Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales!

The court said the entire Leeds contempt hearing has to be done again — but it’s not certain that the Attorney General will even choose to do that, given how badly they’ve been trounced today.

I will continue to file reports about this at www.TommyTrial.com, and I expect to interview Tommy himself later today or tomorrow — obviously I want to let him reconnect with his family, first.
It's so nice to see that justice was finally done in this case.

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers." - Socrates
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post: