View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Hinged

Thanked 1,381 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Itís No Accident Americans Are Still Broke in a Booming Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
16-18 dollars an hour was a decent wage when my spouse was hanging sheet rock in commercial buildings. he learned on the job and could get that salary on the next job. that was late 80s early 90s.
a nephew moved across the country to take 15 an hour in construction.
the same people you gave a tax break to killed construction for many years and its still not solid yet. they over built and helped cause the mortgage crises.
in hourly wages my son made 10-12 and more o a union job. he had to work for 7 an hour for 7 years and whatever raises minimum got because reagan policies revamped the wages bringing them down.
today kids are stuck in minimum wage jobs and more but less than their dads and grampas made. if there is a 10 an hour job well boy howdy the rent's gone up to 750 a month. they live at home or get four room mates two of whom dont pay their portion of the rent.
a car when my son started working was about a hundred a month , now about 3 for the same vehicle. gas was 108 and now is creeping back up toward 3 and some places is 3 again already.
what's wrong with our economy is republicans have blown it up or shut it down the last 40 years back and forth. a few good years under bill clinton and then dufus. now we get dufus on steroids.
Haha, late 80's early 90's and yer sniveling about republicans causing inflation. Newsflash for ya honey, the past 30 years has seen both republicans and democrats in control at one time or the other and inflation occurred with both.
Quote:
a car when my son started working was about a hundred a month , now about 3 for the same vehicle
That is a hilarious statement. Buying a car with cash = no monthly payment. That's what I do.
But I don't know, maybe you taught your son that paying compounding interest of 2-4% for a depreciating asset (car) was better than getting 9% positive return in the stock market.
Now, political reality, you said,
Quote:
a few good years under bill clinton and then dufus.
I guess you don't understand that congress controls spending, not the president. The president only signs/approves the spending bills he is presented by from congress. President Clinton signed responsible spending bills from a REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED congress.
Quit being foolish.