View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Scholar

Thanked 3,509 Times in 2,063 Posts
Default Re: Transgender sprinter, a biological male, runs as girl in state meet—and absolutel

Quote:
“The way the law is written, Terry Miller is eligible to compete,” Glastonbury coach Brian Collins told the CT Post. “I think a lot of people, myself included, have a problem with … a biological male competing. When they put the state law in effect, my interpretation is it wasn’t made for high school sports. I think it was meant for all people — whether transgender, bisexual, gay — are treated fairly. I totally agree with that, but with sports it’s not a level playing field. You’d probably ask the state reps if the law should be changed for sports.”
And here is a glaring example of the old rule of unintended consequences coming into play. Progressives in CT wrote a law that they thought would solve problems with transgenders being mistreated and stepped all over other people in the process.

NEWS FLASH: Boys and Girls are different. You can claim to be a boy or a girl or a bird or a tree or a Buick. But that does not make it so. A person born with both and X and Y chromosome are generally going to grow up with a stronger body than those born with both chromosome's being a Y. Those are scientific facts not opinions. There is a reason whey they separate boys and girls track.

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post: