View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:50 AM
Sanity is overrated.

Thanked 7,403 Times in 4,766 Posts
Default Re: Trumpís Justice Department Refuses To Defend Obamacare In Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
ever think that with one worker out of commission and the other possibly having to take days off to assist her, that leaves little for higher premiums?
looks like you are only interested in fairness to the insurance company, not the consumer.
I've been for single payer since before obama care. hopefully one day we will wake up and smell the coffee on that one.
btw I HAD insurance when I was operated on in 2007 and my insurance did not pay. Why? A preexisting condition. so slippery slope back to any excuse not to cover.
If they got rid of all health insurance companies tomorrow it would suit me fine.
I am talking fairness to the consumer---- do you think the insurance company will carry the burden of high medical payouts on a pre-existing condition? The CONSUMER pays those costs. Part of the reason the PPACA was unsustainable in it's existing form - there was no way the premiums could stay low, as more people with pre existing conditions jumped in while everyone else bore the weight of the costs.

Your personal situation does not define what an insurance company pays, but that can be a whole 'nuther thread.

I would love to see insurance requirements go away, for multiple reasons, but likely NOT for the same reason you do. Yours is for selfish reasons, mine is for common sense and humanitarian reasons.