View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 04:24 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 25,706 Times in 18,301 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Trumpís Justice Department Refuses To Defend Obamacare In Court

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/bre...acare-in-court

Quote:
In a dramatic move, the Trump administration declared its intention to refuse to defend the Affordable Care Act from a federal lawsuit by 20 GOP-controlled states who are arguing that Congressí repeal of the individual mandate renders parts of the rest of the health care law unconstitutional, according to a filing from the Department of Justice Thursday evening.
Quote:
In particular, the administration is arguing that the ACAís ban on discrimination based on pre-existing conditions and limits on charging older patients higher premiums are invalid, and they are requesting that the court put a halt to those provisions in January of 2019, when enforcement of the individual mandate is set to be terminated.
seen on twitter: My wife has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. We are on COBRA due to her company shuttering. When COBRA runs out 8/19 her preexisting condition will prevent coverage. DOJ policy change may very well kill my wife. Vote them out

This whole @benshapiro offering to debate @Ocasio2018 issue is ridiculous and shows the bias of the media in favor of the right-wing. Fine, I offer the same $10,000 to debate @tedcruz. Not joking. Guaranteed it gets no coverage. Why won't the bumbling coward Ted Cruz debate me?!
Cenk Uygur