View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 08:54 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 5,728 Times in 3,859 Posts
Default Re: Trump says U.S. to impose hefty tariffs on steel, aluminum imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
I note the absence of any further attempt to use restraints of the state to revise contracts as somehow definitive for the President's authority to impose tariffs on support of national security.

The second amendment is a negative right, Congress shall make no laws. But the injunction is limited to firearms and related considerations. It's not relevant to the President's authority to impose tariffs or a state barring foreclosures for 2 years on existing mortgages.
I note the absence of you actually quoting the Constitution where the president is GIVEN authority to impose tariffs.

So if i'm reading you right, what your saying is that
the president isn't FORBIDDEN from imposing tariffs,
therefore he has the authority too so.
the left uses the same "logic".

And as I've said, if it's works for tariffs then it works for ALL other issues.
Also If you're going to be stickler for the details with that POV, the constitution/bill of rights really only forbids the congress from making laws restricting religion and free speech. It does not mention the Presidents authority, his making rules, regulations, executive orders etc.. or the courts making rulings... and if there's a "national security" issue well there ya go.

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 03-23-2018 at 09:09 AM..