View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Conservative Sage

Thanked 9,861 Times in 6,019 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Trump says U.S. to impose hefty tariffs on steel, aluminum imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
The quote is a statement of a general principal of constitutional application universally. Trying to apply it narrowly to just that case is disingenuous. And itd be a FAR Easier to make the case that the drepression was a REAL "national security" situation.

But I could mention how you're desperate to denfend Trump and are looking for any and all loopholes real or imagined to try a justify his unconstitutional actions. And have avoided the main issue, and dodged the clear analogies presented in areas that you Would NOT want the same justifications applied.
No, the SCOTUS excerpt cited has nothing to do with the President's authority to act in the interest of national security. It is absurd to claim a case dealing with a state's attempt to rewrite mortgage contracts after the fact is somehow defining a so-called universal principle is nothing but unsupported opinion. But hey, the stubborn repetition of naked opinion accompanied by hysteria. Despite repeated evidence of Congress granting the President authority to impose tariffs , not declare new law, the only response is bluster about the Constitution, speculative hypotheticals, and unrelated SCOTUS findings.