View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Thanked 35,114 Times in 20,176 Posts
Default Comey or McCabe Lied

It's probably McCabe, but there a 100% chance at least one of them lied ...

Here's Comey's testimony, reported in May, 2017...

Quote:
GRASSLEY: And thank you for your opening statement. I'm going to start out probably with a couple subjects you wish I didn't bring up, and then a third one that I think everybody needs to hear your opinion on on a policy issue. It is frustrating when the FBI refuses to answer this committee's questions, but leaks relevant information to the media. In other words, they don't talk to us, but somebody talks to the media.

Director Comey, have you ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

COMEY: Never.

GRASSLEY: Question two, relatively related, have you ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation?

COMEY:No.

GRASSLEY: Has any classified information relating to President Trump or his association associates been declassified and shared with the media?

COMEY: Not to my knowledge.
Now here's McCabe's statement after his firing...

Quote:
The OIG investigation has focused on information I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor. As Deputy Director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the Director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter.