View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:02 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 5,801 Times in 3,920 Posts
Default Re: A win for free conscience and expresion

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I find it amusing you finish up with "If "the law" says otherwise ..."
To me, it demonstrates you don't know what the law says.

Scenario a) Asians and eating dogs.
Refusing to sell to anybody who would eat the dog would not be protected.
Refusing to sell to an Asian person who is assumed to want to eat the dog would be illegal unless solid reasoning could be shown for why that person would be understood to eat the dog. assuming is not good enough.

Scenario b) Cough Syrup
You invoke no protected status, so this is a nonsense complaint.
It's legal to discriminate in business based on age.

Scenario c) bondage and tape
You invoke no protected status, so this is a nonsense complaint.
It's legal to discriminate in business based on what you describe.
It's not based on gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation or any of the other items on the list.
Seems you miss the point, the refusals are all based on the intended use.
This is a right as well.

It's not because they were Asians but the known use... and as i said it should NOT be illegal to refuse the sale. and I think PETA and other animal rights groups would agree.
And in my view you can refuse a legal items to minors IF you have a good "principled" reason. THIS has been upheld in court on occasion as well. NOT just because they are minors though.
and if it's legal ... in your view... to discriminate on to the Rope Sale based on intent then it should be for others as well.

REPEATEDLY it's be shown that the bakers and florist DO , in act, serve homosexuals with ALL other request. Birthdays, etc.. But this ONE activity/event is refused. So it's NOT "ALL Asians" or "ASSUMED eating" but KNOWN activity that violates their beliefs.

Bakers have refused to make Cakes with religious verses and cakes that celebrate Trump because personal beliefs are violated… WITHOUT LAW SUIT, why? Because of a CLEAR right of refusal to do so on the grounds STRONG personal convictions.

3 things the homosexual lobby do wrong here.
1. they want to assume the motives of Bakers, florist etc. are simply universal discrimination against a class, when demonstrably it's NOT the case.
2. they want to deny the civil rights of another protected class to practice their faith and OPT OUT of participation in activities on the job that violate their faith/beliefs.
3. they want to FORCE participation or Close the Biz/End careers of those that won't ACT as if they agree with homosexual marriage.

If "the law" supports the homosexual lobby on those issues it's wrong.
As it is/has been in other areas.

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post: