View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 09:07 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 5,906 Times in 3,989 Posts
Default Re: Oprah Winfrey... Golden Globes

as i've said several times i get the hypocrisy bit.

But her speech was fine.
Look just becasue some folks can't bare to ever hear anything about sexual abuse and racism past or present it doesn't mean those that bring it up come from some dark agenda much less that her words should be dismissed out of hand.

I said the same about Trump's INITIAL speech about the horror show in Charlottesville VA.. link
I'm no Trump fan and i could point to dark bits of his history that didn't align with his words. And assume the worse motives on his part.
But most of the WORDS of his speech were well said and well chosen.
and i gave him props for that.

same for Oprah here.

when GOOD principals and truth are spoken i try to honor that. And I like to ask the people live up to them and not JUST condemn them for saying it. unless they are hard core participants in darkness. but even then I like to HOPE they can move onto the better track they've spoken of.

but regardless, i tend to be grateful every time simple truths and calls to high moral ground are spoken publicly. it doesn't happen that often.

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 01-16-2018 at 09:27 AM..