View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Runs with scissors

Thanked 9,568 Times in 5,444 Posts
Default Re: Red Robin eliminates bussers as restaurants combat minimum wage hikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
bussers used to be paid student wages plus a portion waitresses gave them. but some in congress got greedy and wanted them to make a set wage so they have to pay more income tax.
Not just the Bus boys.

Minimum wage hikes raises the floor on ALL wages. It forces raises throughout the industry at all levels, including manages and owners. Thus making everyone pay more taxes.

Unfortunately, the entry level job, the low rungs on the ladder to higher paying jobs, will be eliminated. Red Robin looked at the function of the Bus boys (and girls, let's be fair here) as said it wasn't worth the required pay scale.

So that entry level rung is now gone. I presume the plan is to send the poor kid(s) to college so they can get an associate degree in essential oils or some such. Or Culinary Arts where they can hope Red Robins will then hire them to clean pots,,, and tables.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post: