View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:00 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 5,723 Times in 3,854 Posts
Default Re: Oprah Winfrey... Golden Globes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
It came about 20 years too late.

Nobody has a problem with what Oprah said in her speech, it is just the blatant hypocrisy of the speech that gets me. It is one thing to talk about sexual abuse but another to stand up and confront it when it involves those you work with or around. This speech was as much a speech of opportunity as anything else.
I can sorta get that.
But really, we've just watch some people on the right give money and verbal support Roy Moore, and attack his "dates" without much (any) shame. And there's no similar outrage from many rank and file conservatives about that.
So in the wider current landscape Oprah's "RAH RAH racialprogress/sexualabusevindication" speech, though hypocritical in her silence and late is not really much of a deal. At least it's pointing us all in the right direction.

And as i said A LOT of people in the MSM and Hollywood KNEW about Weinstien and others but didn't say jack for decades. (And they still havn't broken the silence on Hollywood pedophilia).

SO yeah I agree I hope she does come clean about what she knew or heard, ( i doubt she will though) But there are MANY things that Oprah has done that's been weird and hypocritical. And i don't like her leftist political views.
But I really can't bring myself to be appalled about this speech.
She's a celebrity not a politician and her offense here is silence, not active promotion or participation.

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 01-11-2018 at 10:13 AM..