View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Banjo qd

Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default Re: Math professor: Merit-based classrooms are a ‘tool of whiteness’ that oppress min

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
So the general gist is, if you are 'color blind', you are doing the students an injustice in not adjusting your curricular planning. In basic English, you should have one curricular plan for whites, and one for non-whites.

But if you do that, you're a racist. It also means, according to this... 'Math professor'...., that multiple races cannot function on the same level of education.

Where do they find these dingbats? And they talk about whites still oppressing non-whites????
It was some time ago that I first heard the phrase "the soft bigotry of low expectations" and didn't quite appreciate what it really meant. I've come to think that the phrase has some application in these issues. There's a doctrine that is being applied to most of the social, political, and now educational issues. It's the oppressed vs oppressor narrative. Isn't this the counter narrative to merit and competency?
I think Professor Rubel's journal article was somehow printed after being "peer reviewed" and given a seal of academic credibility.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zoriolus For This Useful Post: