View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Thanked 15,160 Times in 9,192 Posts
Post Re: Do you think the "War on Christmas" is real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Another brilliantly bemusing non sequitur.
That word doesn't mean what you think it does.

Quote:
No I don't believe that...;Why do you insist on telling me what I believe so you can make an argument from it?
There are so many people in glass houses for you to throw rocks on that claim...
And without surprise, instead of explaining how the actual analogy is flawed, you completely rewrite the entire thing and ignore the context.

Quote:
Actually, it is more like claiming concerns about radical Islam means one is against all Muslims. I believe 9/11 was real, it was done by radical Muslims but I don't believe all if Islam was responsible for it.
It's an analogy Franc.
I'm not saying you have that position at all. I'm trying to compare what you are saying to a similar topic to show the type of thought process you are putting out there.

Your rewrite above has no intelligible comparison to the actual original situation.

Quote:
My point is that it is not about Christmas but Christendom. Of course what is totally missed by them is that Christmas is not the main celebration of Christianity. Most Christians consider the less commercialized week of Easter to be far more important to their faith.
And here you are in your glass house!

Remember what you said at the start of this thread?
Why do you insist on telling me what I believe so you can make an argument from it?
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU JUST DID...
Do you get that?

It is NOT about "Christendom".
It's about separation of church and state.
And the "Happy Holidays" thing has been explained so many times and ignored so many times it isn't even funny. The below analogy is one of the best on the issue...
NOBODY WANTS TO ADDRESS THAT COMPARISON.
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln