View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 03:00 PM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 26,231 Times in 18,767 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: I have a question about Trump's tax reform plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
I receive daily emails about the latest news coming from the White House, and this one paragraph made me question it:

I know the US corporate tax rate is too high, but don't understand how lowering it (which I believe should be done) will increase wages and salary by so much. Would this be because Trump assumes that the savings would be passed on to workers (which I don't believe will happen), or is there some other rationale, like maybe returning more manufacturing jobs here will somehow result in higher wages? Does anyone know? (I'm looking for intelligent answers from anyone who has any idea about this, not juvenile, snarky one-liners from those who seem incapable of anything else.)

I'd like to see individual income tax rates lowered, not just corporate ones. That would surely result in more disposable income for those who work to earn it.
it will also increase the deficit if you're worried about that.
the reasons you mentioned is why many do not like it.
Trumpís only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright.~Serwer|The Atlantic