Originally Posted by Billo_Really
This is what I'd like to see:
- Have the bill with the public option
- Make pre-conditions illegal
- Do not make health care mandatory
- Take the money to run it from the defense budget
- Rescind the agreement with pharmacuticals and put a cap on how much they can charge for prescriptions
- And run it like Medicare and SSI, but as a different option to the "For-profit" health care insurance, not a replacement
After that, allow the competition in a capitolist system to do what it is designed to do, which will benefit all of us.
So really your saying if I understand it correctly, that we need to fix the present system and not do a complete new HC Plan. Which is what I have been saying all along.
Thanks for pointing out the what might work concept...
My only disagreement is with the military budget being the only source for running it. I would prefer taking form several sources and a possible small tax hick in the future once we have all the population working again.