View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Conservative Sage

Thanked 8,356 Times in 5,197 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Florida County May Hike Taxes To Cover Trump's Mar-a-Lago Visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
Authorities in Palm Beach County, Florida, want the federal government or President Donald Trump to cover costs for the latter’s security during his visits to the Mar-a-Lago estate, CNN reported Friday. If neither of the two sides agree to help with the cost, the county is likely to increase taxes, the report added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-c...080811306.html

Oh the irony
Gee what a surprise, Democrat politicians crying about having to help with security for a Republican President.

Quote:
It means the local taxpayers will have to bear the added burden of being part of the security for the president of the United States," Paulette Burdick, the Democratic mayor of Palm Beach County, told CNN. "It will either be cuts or increase in taxes."
According to Palm Beach County Commissioner Dave Kerner, the proposed 2018 budget for the county had a $40 million deficit. This meant that in a bid to cover costs related to Trump, officials at the county will likely have to cut corners on certain programs.
"I know that my taxpayers shouldn't have to bear the burden," Kerner, who is also a Democrat, told CNN.
Someone should tell these whining partisans we all pay for the President's security.

As if the President should be barred from visiting his own property.