View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 06:16 PM

Thanked 15,296 Times in 9,272 Posts
Post Re: How 90% of American Households Lost an Average of $17,000 in Wealth to the Plutoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
You keep leaving something out, conveniently. I've also said that those who do something to improve themselves, or improve the company, or both, earn more.
But this isn't always true, as already documented regarding wage stagnation.

Quote:
I could care less what someone else earns. I know for a fact that my predecessor here earned more than I do. So what - I'm comfortable with what I make, and that's what matters. If someone were to come into my position today, and be paid more for it, then I guess I didn't perform up to expectations, and that's on me.
Your satisfaction for your job is not relevant regarding the economy's problems.
Moreover, it would be more accurate to recognize that while you may be comfortable with your wage, you are obviously not comfortable with other people pointing out wage stagnation.

Quote:
This whole thing about what someone else earns is a rather manufactured (here's a liberal phrase for ya) poutrage.
If a person doesn't earn what they think their worth, without comparing themselves to someone else who likely has a whole different education/experience/attitude, then they should inquire why and/or find a company that does value their worth.
That's a pithy and meaningless statement considering wages are suppressed across the board.

Take for example this case where there was actually proof of the wrong-doings.
Apple, Google, Intel, Adobe will pay $415 million in anti-poach deal | Fortune.com
It's pathetic how people like you will complain when people talk about wage suppression ...
... but then you guys are silent when such illegal activities are found.
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln