View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Runs with scissors
Thanked 9,692 Times in 5,516 Posts
Default Re: University’s student government wants free tuition ‘reparations’ for black studen

Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
no nor the fact you know nothing about our economy or how things work in a free society such as we are blessed with

true as far as the sentiment goes. reality sees others defining us by race so we have to defend similarly.

I do support affirmative action as I have seen the harm done without it

but to give a german or an indian free college because they are german or indian ys is racism sme with negro tuition because you are negro
i maintain the country will be better off AGAIN when we go back to free college tuition
I know how our economy works. Are you suggesting that freebies for "special people" is how it works?

Affirmative action may well work for the chosen group involved. Depressed blacks needed a temporary boost is one thing. Reparations for slavery, a common worldwide economic norm for thousands of years, is entirely something else.

Slavery ended 150 years ago here in the USA, how do we repay the "debt" to the Dead? And a good many non negroes died in the struggle to free the slaves. How do we pay that debt?

One has to be pretty loose with other people's money to encompass all of that debt into an fair program of "Reparations"

How do we determine worth value and whom is entitled. By pedigree? By Family tree history? By skin color? Oh wait, isn't that racist?

And don't scold me about Affirmative action. At my companies, we practiced it for 40 years. With OUR money.
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.