View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush L View Post
Did you just see that skit? its a rerun with Ben Aflac, right now
I caught the original Saturday Night Live episode.
It was pretty good.

People keep talking about "O'Reilly's" ratings as opposed to "Olbermann's" ratings.
I think such a comparison is nonsense.
It's like trying to compare the sales of ice cubes in Arizona vs Alaska.

The right has more of an affinity for this nonsense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really
Although that video rocked!
One of the reasons I like Colbert.
There was a study on Colbert viewers a while back.
The "left" viewers were able to pick up on his satire in larger percentages than the "right" vewers were...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns
I catch Glenn Beck's TV show only occasionally; so I did not see either.
Can you provide me the exact quotes (not some paraphrase) of the words in question? Better yet, a video of them.

At about 0:40 he talks about Obama having a "...deep seated hatred for white people, or the white culture...".
At about 2:00, he talks about "I'm not saying that he doesn't like white people. I'm saying he has a problem. He has a ... This guy is, I believe, a racist."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns
(For the record, I believe the that First Lady is assuredly a racist--except, perhaps, by the left's preferred definition of the word, which will not allow for anyone who is not in a position to "oppress" others to be guilty of racism--but it less clear to me whether or not President Obama is racist also. His former pastor, Jeremiah Wright, surely was--and, presumably, still is--but whether the benighted views of The Reverend closely reflect the views of Barack Obama, or the latter merely used his church association to advance his Chicago political fortunes, is open to conjecture.)
Some conservatives talk about a "race card" that is too easily played. And for a lot of situations, I would agree.

But I think there is a flip side of that whereby accusations of "racist" are too easily played...
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post: