View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 PM

Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: Beck A Ratings Giant.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
I find it very informative that the left-of-center opponents of others' political and philosophical views prefer to avoid any reasoned discussion of those views; and instead attack the character of those who hold those (unsanctioned) views.
If you wish to debate the views set forth by Glenn Beck, I will be glad to engage you in that matter.
Honestly?
The "views" are just a part of the problem.
It's his childish presentation which is another huge problem. And I think one of the things exemplified in that clip.
I saw a segment he did recently where he was squatting on his chair eating pudding, giggling uncontrollably over some video clip he was showing...

The sad part was that I found the issue of the clip intriguing and worthy of discussion, but his treatment of the issue was just deranged.

But hey. If you want to discuss something, let's talk about his b.s. where he calls the president a racist.
And then less than a minute later, Beck argues that was not what he was saying...

What do you think of that?
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln