View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 36,019 Times in 20,565 Posts
Default Re: Gowdy: Clinton used special tool to wipe email server

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Yes. IF data backups were occurring and IF they were not deleted...

Show me where this data was previously made available, then we'll talk.

Until then, all we have is Rove making a claim today that contradicts every resource previously talking about the situation. Until then, all we have is Rove making a claim that cannot be substantiated.
Until then, what we have is a PREVIOUS REQUIREMENT that the Bush Administration (and Rove) hand over emails that they could not because they themselves, at that time, they were deleted.

Fast forward eight years, and you are blindly taking his word as all of a sudden he is claiming something different.

Show me, from previous statements unrelated to Rove's current recanting, how this was established and how those backup emails were handed over as required and THEN we'll talk.
Until then, all we have is Rove trying to rewrite history and you insisting it's gotta be true cause Rove said so...
2007 - Bush administration: "Sorry but we deleted our emails from our private server."
2008 - No change
2009 - No change
2010 - No change
2011 - No change
2012 - No change
2013 - No change
2014 - No change
2015 - No change

2016 - Rove: "Oh wait. We had backups."

If you've got something that changes this time-line, then offer it up.
Since you asked nicely...

I'll use a Lefty site so you won't go all Mikeyy on me...

From June 2007...making your list of years with "No change" 100% certified bullsh*t...

Leahy: Missing White House Emails Found, But Still Witheld From Congress

Quote:
In April, the White House claimed that “it had mishandled Republican Party-sponsored e-mail accounts used by nearly two dozen presidential aides, resulting in the loss of an undetermined number of e-mails concerning official White House business.” They also acknowledged that some of the “missing” emails may be related to the U.S. attorney scandal.

In an impassioned speech, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) said at the time that the White House was lying and the emails could be recovered:

“They say they have not been preserved. I don’t believe that!” Leahy shouted from the Senate floor. “You can’t erase e-mails, not today. They’ve gone through too many servers. Those e-mails are there, they just don’t want to produce them. We’ll subpoena them if necessary.”

“Like the famous 18-minute gap in the Nixon White House tapes, it appears likely that key documentation has been erased or misplaced. This sounds like the Administration’s version of ‘the dog ate my homework.’”Today, during a Senate Judiciary Committee meeting, Leahy revealed that the White House does indeed have the emails, but has yet to turn them over to Congress:

The White House stonewalling the congressional investigative committees continues this pattern of confrontation over cooperation. We all remember when they first announced to us that significant e- mails that we wanted had been destroyed. They’d been lost. I stated on the floor of the Senate that it’s relatively easy to find those lost e-mails. This brought another blast from the White House, saying that I obviously had no understanding of how the Internet works and of course that couldn’t be done.

To their credit, the White House has now told me they — well, yes indeed, I was right; they were wrong. The e-mails are found. They were there in a backup system, although they have yet to give them.