Old 08-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Conservative Sage

Thanked 14,348 Times in 8,290 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: No One Should Be Above the Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

You don't seem to get it.
The reason why there was a multi-million dollar investigation is because Repubs turned it into political persecution.

You are trying to change the discussion.
Previous presidents were guilty of the same crimes.
But previous opposition parties didn't try to turn it into the big stink that exists today.

Last president.
Flashback: Rove Erases 22 Million White House Emails on Private Server at Height of U.S. Attorney Scandal – Media Yawns | Pensito Review

You SERIOUSLY did not try to bring up "FBI's recommendation".
Let me remind you of the CURRENT situation and their recommendation...
F.B.I. Director James Comey Recommends No Charges for Hillary Clinton on Email
To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

The REAL difference here is that Repubs today are trying to turn it into political persecution when they did NOT HOLD THEMSELVES up to the same standards in previous situations.

Mikeyy answered.
I'll throw in my two cents.
I do not love Hillary.
I have REPEATEDLY said this election comes down to the lesser of two evils in a way that I have never seen a previous presidential election epitomize that phrase.

Trump is dangerous.
The man has a fragile ego and doesn't have the intelligence to walk away from even the most trivial fights.
Donald Trump 'asked why US couldn't use nuclear weapons if he becomes president'

He is the worse of the two.
The reason I don't follow down your particular rabbit hole is because it would require discarding the facts of Hillary's illegal server. The FBI began its investigation after Hillary's State Department chums determined a number of her emails contained classified information. After keeping her server secret for more than 2 years, clear evidence of consciousness of guilt, Hillary was forced to turn the server over to the FBI. No doubt Republicans supported investigating Hillary's criminal breach of national security. In a shameful display of unbridled partisanship Democrats cried fouland began whining about persecution.

It's ironic you chose the made up Democrat partisan scandal of Bush replacing US assistant attorneys general's as proof Democrats don't engage in political persecution, obviously the spoon fed talking points you recite omitted the fact the US AG's serve at the President's pleasure. Oh wait, at the time Democrats devoted much braying to preaching how essential it was for the DOJ to be above politics but that was before Bill Clinton's little runway get together with Obama's AG.

Indeed Comey did give Hillary a get out of jail free card but only after cataloging her extensive criminal activity. Despite the fact the law does not require intent and that veteran former Federal prosecutors have since shown Hillary's actions demonstrated intent, Comey the Republican let her off. Got that? A Republican let Hillary walk on a made up requirement for absolute proof of intent, clearly a case of political persecution. Or do you not get it?