View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 12:10 AM

Thanked 9,028 Times in 5,772 Posts
Default Re: Colorado ACLU Board Member: Shoot Trump Voters ‘Before Election Day’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
But then of course, if there were to be formed a religion that called for death to all atheists, and anti-atheist terrorist attacks were to become the norm, all atheists would still respect their freedom of religion. Remember there are no extremists in the anti-atheist religion. They are all loyal to the killing of atheists.

NOTE--Watch for the detour, people. It will be shifted toward Muslim extremists or Christian ones. I will hold my breath.

Not implying that the poster quoted above is an atheist either.
This is an odd and extremely specific hypothetical. We don't have a religion that was founded on killing all atheists nor do we have one where all the adherents are pro-killing atheists.

Even if such a thing existed though, I'd still believe in freedom of religion. You should always be allowed to believe or not believe whatever you want, it's part of what makes this country great. When those beliefs cross over into action however, that in itself is an entirely different basket of eggs.
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.