View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 02:42 PM

Thanked 15,294 Times in 9,271 Posts
Default Re: 'I Do Not Construe Homosexual Rights As Human Rights' Says GOP Human Rights Subco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
You're the one harping on "right to pursue happiness". Take it up w yourself.
You seriously cannot be this thick.
I have no problem talking about the "pursuit of happiness".
But NOT as a justification for gay marriage.
Got it?

You keep talking about it like we're using it as a justification for marriage. The first post I busted you on you threw out this strawman crap of "If happiness for you is just a freakin' piece of paper ..."
I don't know of anybody who believe "happiness for them is just a freakin' piece of paper".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
I agree!!!
Considering you are NOT agreeing with my position, you're obviously refusing to address what I'm actually saying.
I'm simply going to repeat what I actually said instead of the deceitful rephrasing to ignore the fact that I was demonstrating a hypocrisy in your position and not agreeing with you...

If you REALLY have a gripe regarding what you said, then maybe you should ask historical heterosexuals why they had to set marriage up as a right in the first place.
Establishing over 1,000 rights and benefits associated with the governmentally recognized contract.

WHY do I never see you raising this complaint within the context of heterosexual marriage when gay marriage is not the topic?
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 02-01-2015 at 04:49 PM..