View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 01:43 AM
Queen of Awesomeness

Thanked 10,473 Times in 6,022 Posts
Default Re: Study: Environmentalists Have ‘Substantially Worse than Average’ Carbon Footprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Ocean acidification by CO2 increases have not proven to be the catastrophe predicted. I have posted scientific studies of such in other threads here.
And I have posted scientific studies stating otherwise, of which there are many. Excessive CO2 kills coral reefs.

Quote:
The logic of this argument completely escapes historical facts. CO2 is the building block of reef formations. Virtually all limestone on the planet is the result of such growth. .
No, limestone is the building block of reef formations. More specifically - aragonite. Corals utilize CO2 to create limestone, however, too much CO2 is bad and causes coral reefs to die. Atmospheric CO2 isn't the only cause, but it is a significant one. Pollution is another, and rising water temps are another.

Quote:
Reefs are blooming and thriving all over the planet but the AGW community will not admit it
Not been diving on many reefs, have you? One quarter of the reefs of the world are dead with well over half significantly damaged. And in some areas, 90% of the reefs are dead. (such as Seychelles)

Quote:
IPPCC has volumes of peer reviewed data on the subject confirming that the impacts of acidification on sea life has not been negative.
You mean the IPCC?

Really? Weird.

Quote:
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Working Group II wrapped up its work at the end of March in Japan, where the final drafts were accepted for the Fifth Assessment Report of the IPCC. Both Working Group I and II highlighted ocean acidification as a concern.
Quote:
From the IPCC - “There is high confidence, based on substantial new evidence, that observed changes in marine and freshwater biological systems are associated with rising water temperatures, as well as related changes in ice cover, salinity, oxygen levels and circulation”
Quote:
And to further rub fur the wrong way, Deserts are turning green thanks to abundant CO2. Amazing.
WTF does that have to do with the ocean?

You do realize that "abundant CO2" in the ocean causes it to turn green too when combined with pollution that increases nutrients, by way of causing excessive algae growth. Which kills coral reefs. Do you know anything at all about reefs?

Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by rivrrat; 05-28-2014 at 01:51 AM..