View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: High Ranking DOJ Official Refuses to Affirm 1st Amendment Rights

Do we have anything concrete to back up the claims of the youtube poster?

I tried googling part of the youtuber's comments and got nothing of merit. The first couple of links were to the video itself. The third to somebody's craigslist post,

The chairman was not interested in letting the guy answer the question.
That much was obvious.
The question is so loosely phrased that I don't think it should be answered as "Yes", for the obvious reason that "never" and "any" encompass a LOT of crap.

For example, if a KKK member made comments inciting others to bomb a black church. Or other similar weasely way to try to cover obviously illegal "speech" into a protected status.
While obviously simple criticism should not be made illegal, I can't help but notice that the chairman avoided saying something obvious and specific ("simple criticism") into a more generic form ("speech") ...

IMO, the chairman didn't want this guy to answer the question. Period.
He wanted to grand-stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty
It has been said that ...

At this stage, the right doesn't even care to TRY to give their made-up b.s. an air of credibility.
No "senior diplomats reportedly said" comment.
It's just "It has been said that ..."
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 09-17-2012 at 05:57 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post: