View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Bookworm.

Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,602 Posts
Default Re: 100,000 women undergo brutal genital mutilation illegally in Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
My culture thinks either one is unnecessary and akin to voodoo especially in modern society where cleanliness is much easier than it was wandering the desert for forty years in the Moses books.
If you cut part of the penis off-you cut part of the penis off. Duh. Teach them how to clean themselves and little girls similarly.
It is voodoo, but it's mostly harmless, whether for girls or for boys.
I only had my youngest son circed because his dad and older bros are.
No other reason. I asked both of my sons if they were sorry they were circumcised, and they both said no, they were glad.
So I couldn't let #3 be uncircumcised, and different from everybody else.
Plus a friend who is an ex-CPS social worker told me a tale about how CPS removed a toddler from his home because they felt that his repeated penile infections, which were the result of an uncirced penis which was not kept properly clean, constituted neglect.
I'm a busy woman; I've got enough to worry about without having to worry about my kid getting penis infections if I don't clean his penis constantly.
I'd rather he just have a circumcised penis, which isn't as prone to infection and doesn't require a lot of special care.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1069 For This Useful Post: