View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
professional curmudgeon

Thanked 13,335 Times in 8,848 Posts
Default Gas prices sink Obama’s ratings on economy, bring parity to race for White House

Quote:
Disapproval of President Obama’s handling of the economy is heading higher — alongside gasoline prices — as a record number of Americans now give the president “strongly” negative reviews on the 2012 presidential campaign’s most important issue, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

Increasingly pessimistic views of Obama’s performance on the economy — and on the federal budget deficit — come despite a steadily brightening employment picture and other signs of economic improvement, and they highlight the political sensitivity of rising gas prices.
Gas prices sink Obama’s ratings on economy; bring parity to race for White House - The Washington Post

While I was at the hospital yesterday visiting my mom, the TV of her room mate was tuned to CNN. They were having a panel discussion about this very thing. All the liberal pundits on the panel were trying hard to say that obama isn't responsible for the higher prices, (which is true.) However, these same liberal pundits just four short years ago excoriated Bush when the price of gas rose.

I think that resonated with the public as Bush was blamed, and, they remember that. So the liberals did such a great job of tying gas prices to a president that now obama is getting the exact same thing Bush got.

Thank you liberal pundits.

William Wallace