View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 26,334 Times in 18,855 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: McCain orders convention curtailed for Gustav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Bush was and is criticized or sticking with a political schedule during a national emergency. And then he didn't take charge of the mess. He instead began his usual cheerleading. Heck of a job Brownie. He finally showed up brought in generators lights and camaras for a speech. And then they tore down the equipment and he left. Its too late to resurrect Bush on Katrina. And now they are using Gustov for politics. I am not going to criticize them for going ahead with their convention. Its not in the storms path. And there isn't anything that canceling it would help. I am not blaming the right for Katrina. Or Bush. I blame Bush for his lack of interest during the early part of Katrina. And the fact that he still doesn't understand what he did wrong.
I don't understand what he did wrong either. was he supposed to man one of the boats and rescue people himself?
He called out the proper groups to help. It wasn't his fault some people didn't want to leave a raging flood, and got caught in it! As it was they were given help with everything from getting medicine replaced to getting their homes replaced-probably better homes than some had in the first place. The Louisiana were triaging them and many volunteers and government agencies gave aid and food. We did find out FEMA was not as efficient (money wise) as it should have been. It was good we found out and did something about it. This stuff about Bush who I have no love for not doing enough is hog wash.