10-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Sanity is overrated.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Today Amuses
Thanked 4,973 Times in 3,281 Posts
Re: OWS Party Platform
Originally Posted by Billo_Really
Bitchin' 'bout sh_t, don't mean squat, unless you take the next step and channel that energy into actionable goals. Since people keep asking about specific demands from the OWS, I thought I would get them started with the following "Mission Statement",
which, BTW, is one of the few things I admired about the Tea Party
. The fact that they "tried", speaks volumes against those that don't. Like R.P. McMurphy trying to pick up that sink in One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest, at least they tried.
So, for the OWS to take the next step, here's their Top Ten Demands:
- Bring back Glass-Steagall
- Increase the tax rate on capital gains from 15% to 25%
- Increase the tax rate on stock dividends from 15% to 25%
- End all subsidies to oil companys
- Close all loopholes allowing companies to "off-shore" their profits to avoid being taxed
- Repeal Citizens United
- Repeal corporate personhood
- Break up the big banks into little banks
- Add the public option to the healthcare bill
- Tell David Stern if he doesn't cut a deal with the players within 30 days, he's going to GITMO!
There's more, but I wanted to keep it simple.
1. Who is this, and what have you done to Billo?
2. Please link to a site that actually shows this as their "mission statement', or is this what YOU want their mission statement to be? So much of it seems oddly familiar.
"Try and fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured, but not everyone must prove they are a citizen".