View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Buckle-up Buttercup

Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: You Are To Blame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
Well, except that you did.
False assumption yet again. As I said this isn't about YOU, this is about the mentality of many in that thread.

Quote:
A person's reaction is their responsibility alone. No one else can possibly be responsible for the reaction someone has to something said. No one. It's not possible. It would require some kind of mental control over a person's body.
You cannot help how something makes you feel, you can only determine how long you will dwell on it. You, as the speaker, are responsible for avoiding language that can improperly inflate emotions because improperly inflated emotions detract from your message. This goes into the whole theory of negligence.

Quote:
I'm focusing on ALL actions. And each person is responsible for their own actions and reactions. Period. End of story. There is no debate here.
No. You dismiss the responsibility of the offending party to be clear and avert problems associated with their speech.

Quote:
If you disagree, feel free to show me how an individual is NOT responsible for their own actions/reactions. I'd love for you to.
Unintentional infliction of emotional distress... Look it up.

You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.