View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Queen of Awesomeness

Thanked 10,473 Times in 6,022 Posts
Default Re: WikiLeaks Ready to Release Giant 'Insurance' File if Shut Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vicchio View Post
You are the one grasping at straws. You believe that you have some right to know all inter-government going ons at all times. You do not. Our system of Government is a Representative republic. You elect Representatives whom you entrust to oversee these things, in a manner that does not endanger our well being.

We can have a discussion on the short comings of such a system, but your premise is both naive and foolish.
No, I believe that WE have that right as a nation of people that our government represents. And without information as to what in the ****ing hell our government is ACTUALLY doing, we the people cannot make informed decisions about who we want representing us. Our government is built on lies and coverups and it's long since been time for that to change. In the end, the lies and the coverups hurt US. So yes, we DO have the right to know what in the ****ing hell our employees are doing and saying on our behalf. Anyone who thinks otherwise has fallen victim to blindly following authority.

Maybe YOU blindly believe that everything our government does is good and just and truthful. But I do not. Why? Because they've proven time and again the opposite. They've proven time and again that they lie, lie, and then lie some more and will continue to do so as long as they can get away with it. It's time we - their employers - call them on their bull****.

Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
The Following User Says Thank You to rivrrat For This Useful Post: