View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 10:45 AM
Scholar

Default Re: Supply Issues” Pause UK Ivermectin Trial as Merck Lands $2.2B US Govt. Contract f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
This thread is how I found this forum. I'm a cattle & goat producer in Ohio. I typically give Ivermectin to my cattle in the fall & spring to kill worms & lice, goats are given it PRN.
Ivermectin was unavailable this fall and I had to switch to a different product. I checked multiple mail order animal drug outlets & my vet; none could get Ivermectin. With the WHO & CDC all screaming that humans should not use it, who is using it? The form I use is injectible, certainly not a form typically usable by humans.

If the supply of Ivermectin for humans also is in short supply, as indicated by the UK study, will we start seeing a surge of covid in some of India's states and in Japan?
Since Invermectin is no longer recommended for use to treat COVID in India because it hasn't been shown to have any beneficial effect, it's availability (or lack thereof) won't affect COVID mortality there.

Quote:
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Task Force on Covid-19 have dropped the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) drugs from their revised guidelines for the treatment of the infection.
The decision was taken after experts found that these drugs have little to no effect on Covid-related mortality or clinical recovery of the patient.
“HCQ may be considered for removal from guideline, with recommendation to use with caution only in clinical trial setting (since there is some genuine uncertainty regarding the possible benefit for severe cases and in low dose),” said the document titled ‘considerations for exclusion of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine from the clinical guidance for management of adult Covid-19 patients’.
Several clinical studies have shown the low mortality benefit for HCQ, said the document. In fact, when HCQ is administered with azithromycin, it increases the risk of adverse drug effect (ADE) in patients, experts said.
Studies also found there was no clarity on mortality benefit, no effect on length of hospital stay and recovery in case of Ivermectin.
https://www.indiatoday.in/coronaviru...306-2021-09-26

Last edited by Constant_Slothrop; 12-23-2021 at 11:00 AM..